安福中学2011届高三入学考试英语试题及答案 泰兴市重点中学2011届高三第一次检测英语试题及 2011年高考英语单项填空复习策略 东北育才学校2011届高三一模英语试题及答案 哈三中2011届高三9月月考英语试题及答案 深圳高级中学2011届高三第一次月考英语试题及答
部分 英语知识运用 (共两节, 满分35分)
节 单项填空 (共15小题；每小题1分，满分15分)
21. -Did Susanna visit you again ________ next year?
-No, it was almost ten years before she came to see me ________ second time.
A. the; a B. the; 不填 C. a; the D. a, a
22. -May I remind you that a Mr. Zhang is waiting downstairs, sir?
-Oh, dear. I ________ about it.
A. forget B. forgot C. have forgotten D. had forgotten
23. Now my hometown is not at all _______ a traveler who visited it ten years ago can expect.
A. that B. what C. which D. where
24. _______ from endless homework on weekends, the students now find their own activities, such as attending school literature clubs.
A. Having freedB. Freeing C. To be freed D. Freed
25. -I can’t find my favourite magazine.
-I saw Jack going away with ________, but I’m not sure whether it’s yours.
A. it B. that C. one D. some
26. -Peter looks sleepy.
-So ________ if you had a fever.
A. did you B. would you C. you did D. you would
27. -I expected him to be nervous before his speech, but he was as cool as a cucumber.
-He _______ it carefully.
A. could have prepared B. shouldn’t have prepared
C. must have prepared D. can’t have prepared
28. An official said the plan had also taken migrant workers into account, ________ medical care would be provided even if they didn’t have a stable job.
A. for whom B. for which C. with whom D. with which
29. Men will ________ all the natural resources if they continue consuming them like that.
A. run out B. wipe out C. drop out D. hold out
30. -I believe Tom to be a great businessman like Bill Gates in the future.
-Why do you think so?
-Because he is ________ in business.
A. as hungry as a lion B. as sharp as a spear
C. as busy as a bee D. as sly as a fox
31. When the environmentally friendly cars came onto the market, many people were eager to buy them ________ the price.
A. whereverB. however C. whichever D. whatever
32. -Why are you looking so worried?
-I sent an email to my son in America last week, but no reply ________.
A. was receivedB. had received C. has received D. has been received
33. A proper approach to ________ your learning efficiency is of great significance to every student.
A. improvingB. improve C. be improving D. having improved
34. -Don’ t you agree with what he said at the meeting?
-Yes, ________! It can’t be better.
A. approximately B. incredibly C. probably D. absolutely
35. -I really don’t know whether I can be admitted to dream university in a month.
-________. Everything is possible.
A. Take it easy B. Just ignore it C. Never give up D. Take your time