安福中学2011届高三入学考试英语试题及答案 泰兴市重点中学2011届高三第一次检测英语试题及 2011年高考英语单项填空复习策略 东北育才学校2011届高三一模英语试题及答案 哈三中2011届高三9月月考英语试题及答案 深圳高级中学2011届高三第一次月考英语试题及答
21. ---Stay a bit longer, please. It’s been such _______ fun having you here.
---Thank you, but I’ve got _______ early start tomorrow morning.
A. /; the B. a; an
C. /; an D. the; an
22. --- Sorry, honey. I’m afraid we are too busy to take a holiday at the present time.
--- Could we take ______ two weeks from now?
A. one B. that C. it D. a one
23. ---Did Tom win the 200-meter race at our sports meet?
---Of course not. I’m a poor runner and he did _______ than I.
A. as well as B. no better C. no worse D. not better
24. What you smell as you sleep may influence your dreams. Smell the flowers before you go to sleep ________ you may just end up with rosier dreams.
A. and B. / C. or D. but
25. ---_________ either he or I to host Talent Show in our school this year?
--- I have no idea, either.
A. Is B. Am C. Are D. Were
26. The Canadian dollar has fallen about 20 percent in value, making that dream ski vacation in Whistler Mountains __________than ever.
A. seems more within reach B. seem more within reach
C. seems within more reach D. seem within more reach
27. ---May I remind you that Mr. White is waiting outside, Mrs. Green?
---Oh, I _________ all about it.
A. forget B. had forgotten C. forgot D. was forgetting
28. ---What’s your favorite music, by the way?
--- I really ______ progressive jazz.
A. go to B. take for C. addict to D. go for
29. He felt _________ when he found a stranger _________ about at the gate of the police station.
A. puzzling; hung B. puzzled; hung C. puzzling; hanging D. puzzled; hanging
30. ---Where did you meet him?
---It was in the hotel _________ I was staying.
A. that B. how C. where D. which
31. _________we sleep together or apart is one of the biggest cultural differences, and only in western societies ______ the feeling that babies should sleep apart from their parents.
A. No matter; it is B. Whether; is it C. No matter; there is D. Whether; is there
32. ---Can I tell my best friend about it?
---No. I don’t want anyone else to know. You _________ let it out.
A. mustn’t B. won’t C. don’t have to D. don’t need to
33. ---These girls are not doing fine at school, are they?
A. I guess not so B. I don’t guess C.I don’t guess so D. I guess not
34. ---Sir, you are fined for speeding. Please sign here.
---Fined? Speeding? ___________
A. Are you all right?
B. I don't think I am.
C. You can't be serious.
D. It doesn't matter.
35. --- Do you know the reason _________ pilots turn off the plane’s lights before taking off?
---The practice is for the passengers to adjust to the dark _________ an emergency.
A. why; for fear that B. for which; in case of
C. how; for fear of D. that; in case